Holes by Louis Sachar | Teen Ink

Holes by Louis Sachar

By Jordannnn BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Jordannnn BRONZE, Sacramento, California

The book Holes has a kind of dull title, but the book itself is not dull at all. Holes is filled with excitement, action, and a great theme.

This book is about a boy named Stanley Yelnats being framed for stealing famous shoes. He has a choice of going to jail or going to camp. He choses camp and is then stuck at this place with bullies and people that intimidate him. Later he made friends with the people there.

Stanley Yelnats has to dig holes for 8 months. The motto that goes around the camp is “Digging the first hole is the hardest.” This saying is definitely true.

This book flows well. Holes is well written in Stanleys Yelnats point of view and it feels like a movie when reading the book.

The author’s style of writing this book is making you want to stick glue to your hands and to the book because the suspense and action just keeps on rising.

My opinions of this book is that it is great. The plot gets more exciting as it goes and you want to read the book until it ends.

Overall, I would rate this book a 9 out of 10 because it is filled with excitement, action. and a good and true theme, “Digging the first hole is the hardest.” The plot flows well as it gets higher and higher until you reach the climax. Once you finish reading the book, you would be wishing there was a sequel.

This is the book review for the book Holes.