salem's lot by Stephan King | Teen Ink

salem's lot by Stephan King

If a person is different in the same way as everyone else, are they still different?

Razor sharp glistening white teeth, piercing the jugular vein till the sweet blood of life flows into the eager mouth of a monster. Gulping down the blood with increasing enthusiasm the monster bleeds this once full of life soul down until the body was nothing but a lifeless corpse. While the monster is bleeding life from another’s soul it is only because this monster has no life of its own. With lock jaw around the smooth soft skin that almost seems as thin as paper, the monster becomes full of its prey and moves on, killing all in it’s path. This ravenous monster is none other than the terrifying, son of the devil himself, a vampire.
While reading Salem’s Lot by Stephan King it is obvious there is no biased or any political views, this novel was strictly for entertainment. Which the author Stephan King did an amazing job of captivating the readers with such profound thrilling and chilling tails. While there is not one specific main character all the characters are related to one another in some way, which helps with the complexity of the story. Salem’s lot takes place in Jerusalem’s lot, Maine, which due to one monster has a ripple effect, and turns the whole town into vampires. This domino effect soon turns almost the whole town into these blood thirsty monsters. This novel has a love story, horror and loss. All the makings of an amazing story. While almost the whole town has become vampires a select few have survived and managed to sneak away from the infested town, leaving a semi-happy ending.