Dear John by Nicholas Sparks | Teen Ink

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

May 18, 2012
By devikaarora GOLD, New Delhi, Hawaii
devikaarora GOLD, New Delhi, Hawaii
17 articles 0 photos 33 comments

Favorite Quote:
Dont tell me sky is the limit when there are footsteps on the moon !


'Dear John' is an ecstatic journey of a soldier, John Tyree and has been written in three consecutive parts.
The story revolves around John's life when he was a carefree lad, and lived life according to his own rules, and then when he has to live in the complete contrasting conditions once he joins the army.
The female protagonist of the story is Savannah, who is a chirpy social bee.
John and Savannah meet in very natural circumstances, at the beach, from where their lives take new turns.
They develop a young, fervent love for each other in their hearts, but are shattered when John has to join the army back after his leave.
However, Savannah and John share a bond so strong that nothing can set them apart.
This novel is such a treat to the readers also because of the special bond that his portrayed, the bond John shares with his father, who happens to have a kind of Autism, and even then has successfully managed to raise John.
This novel reaches it's peak when our protagonists' relationship is not just as charming.
Nicholas Sparks does not fail to bring out the special connection between the father and a son, and at the same time highlighting the true meaning of love, and the kind of choices one makes for his special one, no matter how hard they can prove to be.
The author also uses letters exchanged between Savannah and John as a medium to render the sound and natural love they seem to have for each other.
Just as the Daily Mail has said in praise, it will have you weeping for the joy and tragedy of it all!