Night by Elie Wiesel | Teen Ink

Night by Elie Wiesel

By Chris.Ippolito BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts
Chris.Ippolito BRONZE, Wilmington, Massachusetts

This Novel Night by Elie Wiesel is an amazing look into the life of a Jewish teenager during the holocaust in Germany. This book was easy to follow for the most part (A few small translation issues here and there) but it was one of the hardest things I have had to read because of the horrible and disturbing content in the life of this Jewish teenager. The issues that are addressed in this book are very serious, and it deals with one of the greatest atrocities on mankind probably in the history of the world. The issues in this book do not directly effect out society today, but it is most defiantly important to learn about because that's how we stop it from happening again; we educate ourselves on how to stop it in the early stages. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys learning about history, although this is a difficult book to read through because of the human suffering that went on, it gives you an amazing new appreciation for life and I found myself, thinking the few days after I finished the book about what little things we complain about in this country: like what's for school lunch, or how much homework we have, or that we don't want to get a job, but these things that we don't want, these would be a blessing to some people, and it really gives you a new appreciation for what you have and it helps put things in perspective.