Night Hoops by Carl Deuker | Teen Ink

Night Hoops by Carl Deuker

Nick and Trent are the opposite in almost every way except they both love basketball.

In this story Night Hoops By Carl Deuker. Nick is barley noticed by his dad. Nicks brother Scott is getting all the glory. Until he quits basketball and try's to play the trumpet. Than his dad is doing anything he can he even throws away his marriage for it but Scott still chouses the trumpet. Than nick starts getting noticed by his dad what he hay always wanted. Now nick is now trying out for the varsity as a sophomore.

About Trent. Trent comes from a bad family and is always getting in trouble. But Trent is very good at basketball and nobody gives him credit for it until he joins the basketball team than he starts getting noticed not only as a bully but also as a basketball player.

This book may seem all about basketball but it isn't it is about friendship and trust and how bullies aren't always mean. I would give this book an 8 ½ out of 10 because it is a life like book. It may be predictable at parts but in all it is the best book I have ever read!!

I think anybody should read this book even if you're not a basketball person. I'm not and I think this book was a slam-dunk.