Inner Circle by Kate Brian | Teen Ink

Inner Circle by Kate Brian

The book Inner Circle by Kate Brian is a great book for teenage girls to read! This book is the fifth book in the Private series. It relates to many girls and it is such an interesting book. When I read this book, I never wanted to put it down. With the intense actions in this book, it will be a surprise what is on the next page. This topic is realistic fiction, which makes the book more exciting to read. It was a suspenseful book many unexpected things happened.

Inner Circle takes place in a beautiful boarding school called Easton Academy. After a break from the craziness past semester Reed Brennan starts out fresh back at Easton. When the new headmaster announces that her building will no longer be able to hold traditions and will no longer be allowed to rule the school, she is thrilled, unlike the other girls she lives with. Reed will have to learn to deal with the new head of the house, even though she is destroying the feelings of the freshman girls.

The author, Kate Brian writes in such a way, that makes you feel like you’re part of the story. She gives such wonderful descriptions for everything that is in the story. Kate Brian is so specific with each event that happens in the story; you will never have to look back and re-read a sentence because everything is very clear. Teenage girls will fly through this series and will constantly want to read. This book shows how material things mean so much to some girls, and so little to others. It shows how girls can be so mean to each other. If someone likes gossip and drama, this would definitely be a good book for them to read.

Inner Circle relates to many other series and books. It relates to the Gossip Girls series and to the Privilege series. Although this book is realistic fiction, it could also be nonfiction. It could be nonfiction because the things that take place in this book could happen in real life. A group of girls could go to a boarding school and deal with all the problems these girls deal with. Inner Circle is different from books that just explain a story in one book. This story goes onto multiple books. This book is certainly not a scary book or anything that will scare someone; it is an enjoyable book to read!

After reading the first four books in this series, I think that the author has made it very clear about what the story is about. After every book there is always a cliff hanger. There are many mysterious things that happen in this book, some things have not yet been revealed from the first or second book. Throughout this book many unexpected outbursts, violence, and messed up actions take place. What will happen when the headmaster really takes charge? Will all the girls go crazy? Will parents step in and sue the school? Or, will one girl just not be able to handle it and do something that will change these girls’ lives forever?