Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber | Teen Ink

Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber

April 19, 2010
By Chicka11 BRONZE, Jumping Branch, West Virginia
Chicka11 BRONZE, Jumping Branch, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

In the book Vampire Kisses by Ellen Schreiber, nothing ever happened in the small town of Dullsville. One day the mansion on Benson Hill (which was rumored to be haunted) was occupied. The occupants were rumored to be vampires.

There are several main characters in this book. Raven is the Goth girl of the town. She has the attitude and personality of a normal teenage girl. She knows she is born to stick out and she embraces it. Raven is very content with who she is. Alexander is the tall, handsome, mysterious guy with the long, shiny, black hair. He and his family are the new occupants and supposed vampires of Benson Hill. Becky is the sweet, quiet, little quaint girl who happens to be Ravens best friend. Jagger is the vampire who has two different colored eyes, snow white hair, and he is tall. He is the bad guy who is seeking his revenge on Alexander.

Alexander loves Raven very much but he thinks they can’t have a normal relationship. So he leaves Raven a letter explaining why he left.”We can’t be together, I am the cat and you are the mouse.” Raven wants him back so she goes to the Coffin Club where she meets Jagger. He tricks her into thinking he is Alexander’s friend and he can help her get him back, but he is really the enemy, and he now knows just how he will get his revenge.

This is a forbidden love story because you have a human and a vampire from different worlds falling in love. Ellen Schreiber, as many others have taken the whole gory night creature who feeds on human blood only aspect and turned them in to a whole other perspective. In most vampire books the vampires are vegetarian but in others it isn’t that way. The romantic/fantasy theme is applied in the book because Raven and Alexander love each other passionately but no one can accept him for his being a vampire.

I really liked this book because it is well written, and descriptive. When I was reading it I could see the characters and places. I really felt the love between the two characters. Raven is the kind of girl a Goth could look up to because she is a normal but different kind of girl. I would recommend this book to everyone I know.