The Last Song by Nicholas Spark | Teen Ink

The Last Song by Nicholas Spark

March 30, 2010
By angelak779 SILVER, Detriot, Michigan
angelak779 SILVER, Detriot, Michigan
6 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
At this moment there are 6,470,818,671 people in the world. Some are running scared. Some are coming home. Some tell lies to make it through the day; others are just now facing the truth. Some are evil men at war with good, and some are good struggling with evil. Six billion people in the world, six billion souls. And sometimes -- all you need is one. ”
— Peyton Elizabeth Scott


Nicholas Spark is a brilliant writer in his own way, for among a sea of predictable and boring he stands out. Like a yellow shirt in a sea of black, a shirt all the same yet he’s different his storyline is superb and moving but I not saying that as one of those girls off the Hills who make a big deal out of everything. Where at the first break of the story I say it’s moving, no this story will bring you to tears. Especially if you have ever been disappointed and hurt by your father so bad that it was hard to forgive. It start off the same as Georgia Rule did girl is sent to down south by mother who’s remarrying because parents think it’s the best thing for her. Other similarities include that both characters met hot southern guys only Ronnie guy (main character for The Last Song) guy has some skeletons in his closet not predictable but pretty close to being predictable. But unlike Lindsey Lohan in Georgia Rule, Ronnie has depth and as a reader you feel like you’re experiencing the hurt same as she is because her character is so relatable. The twist in the story is so unexpected and brilliant that the reader is both shocked and anger. Right when everything seem to be coming to together and you’re thinking why the author named the book The Last Song anyway everything comes full circle. The way the author has you so wrapped up in a moment one second than trying to figure out a flash back the next. The flashbacks are so creatively crafted that unlike most stories you can’t put two and two together till the end. But when you do your heart breaks and you’re trying to figure out why. The ending tearful goodbye and the heart warming hello will have you glue to the pages. But at the story conclude and you understand the title. You reflect not only on Ronnie journey from who she was to the young women she is but also on yours. The moral of the story is that you don’t know what’s going to happen in the future but when you look back on the past you, you wonderhow you got to the present!


The author's comments:
The story is like a beautiful sad song your heart breaks at the tenderness but swells at the beauty of the it all.

JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.