Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick | Teen Ink

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

December 28, 2009
By thalia847 GOLD, Tempe, Arizona
thalia847 GOLD, Tempe, Arizona
13 articles 4 photos 8 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be Who you are and say what you feel because those you mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"


At first I thought Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick would not be such a great book. Only because the cover had such an eye catching picture and usually when I end up picking those kind of books they end up disappointing me.

But Hush, Hush was a one of kind of books that kept my mind in a thrill of excitement with every page I read.

Hush, Hush is a story about a teenage girl named Nora Grey. Nora is very independent and stands up for herself when she needs too. But like everyone else she wants that special person to stand by her side face the world with her.

As soon as a new boy in her Biology class named Patch becomes her new science partner everything seems to change. But Nora can not figure out if it’s a good change or bad.

As soon as Nora meets Patch, she senses him everywhere she goes, and with that comes horrific experiences. Nora starts questioning herself about Patch. Is he stalking her? Is he trying to kill her?

Nora finds herself in a web of mixed feelings. She’s scared for her life when she is around Patch but she also has the urge to go up to him a kiss him.

Nora tries to find the answers to her questions but as soon as the truth comes out she finds a lot more than she bargained for. Everything that she believed in is out the door and now her life is at stake.

She wants Patch but she does not know if Patch wants her in the same way.

Fitzpatrick really opened up Nora’s character and showed every feeling, fear, and desires Nora had. In every detail Fitzpatrick wrote about Nora’s made me think I was in Nora’s mind.

With every chapter I read, there was another predicament that came up and that needed to be solved. This kept me wanting to read the next page.

Fiztpatrick is not ending the book there though in 2010 the sequel to Hush, Hush is coming out as well, titled Crescendo. I can not wait to buy her next book and hopefully it will be just as good as Hush, Hush.