BEYOND THE SKY AND THE EARTH | Teen Ink

BEYOND THE SKY AND THE EARTH

March 14, 2023
By Selina_lay061008 GOLD, Shenzhen, Other
Selina_lay061008 GOLD, Shenzhen, Other
18 articles 5 photos 0 comments

The writer uses repetition to express her feelings about Bhutan. She wrote: ’On the other side of mountains, are mountains, more mountains and mountains again.’ The continuous repeating of the word ‘mountains’ emphasizes how much mountains there is in the country, how they were wide-spread, and how the number was very large. The repetition indicates that the writer was stunned and in awe of this fabular scene that she had never seen else-where. It also tells the reader how beautiful this scene was, how the range of mountains was unbelievably large, how this geographic feature could make it even a country on the mountains, that the writer was in awe of seeing this.

Secondly, the writer uses adjectives to express her feeling about Bhutan, especially, the writher the Bhutanese people. She uses ‘beautiful’, ‘gentle’, ‘grace’ to describe the Bhutan people’s appearances and actions. These indicates that she liked the Bhutanese people very much, she even described the hard gestures of the police to be ‘graceful’. This shows that the writer liked the Bhutanese style and culture very much, it also gives the reader a pleasant, positive sout of impression towards Bhutan.

Both writers used data and numbers to support their experiences and impressions about Bhutan. In ‘A Journey into Bhutan’, the writer wrote that the population of Bhutan was only ’20,000’. This indicates Bhutan is a tiny little country, as its population is 1,000 times less than the population of Shenzhen, showing that this is a special country, with few people but spectacular scenes and its own beautiful cultures and history. In ’10 Amazing and immersive experiences to have in Thimphu, Bhutan’, the writer wrote ‘Bhutan is 72% forest covered.’ This describes how the country is covered with trees and plants, forming a natural and beautiful landscape, telling us that the writer favor this place very much.


The author's comments:

 a natural and beautiful landscape