Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie Book Review | Teen Ink

Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie Book Review

November 17, 2022
By audreyanndorsch BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
audreyanndorsch BRONZE, Dexter, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The realistic fiction book Drums, Girls & Dangerous Pie, by Jordan Sonnenblick, is set in modern day New Jersey and is based on the life of Steven Alper.  Steven is a band geek with glasses and braces who loves to play the drums but his brother always seems to ruin it.  His little annoying brother is named Jeffery.  Steven hates his little brother and never wants to be around him until something terrible happens to Jeffrey and he is rushed to the hospital. Steven finds out  the horrible truth.   Steven is forced to deal with his family problems and school work as well as his brother's sickness.  Read the book to find out what happens and how Steven copes with his brother's sickness.

I think this is a good book and everyone should read it.  I think Sonnenblick did a really good job writing this book and he showed the character's emotions really well.  I think the author's style and the way he wrote this book is really engaging and I loved reading this book because of all of the plot twists and surprises.  This made me keep reading because I wanted to find out what happened to Stevens' brother.  I would recommend this book to kids over the age of 10 because there are some topics in this book that could scare little kids or make them sad.  Overall , I definitely recommend this book, and I hope this review has pushed you to read it.