Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen | Teen Ink

Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen

By EmilyP. SILVER, La Canada, California
EmilyP. SILVER, La Canada, California

The book Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen is one of the most incredible books I have ever read. The plot is about a girl named Ruby who was abandoned by her mother and was found by family and social services and brought to live with her sister. Ruby comes to live with her sister, Cora, and her brother-in-law, Jamie. Cora and Jamie are wealthy and give Ruby everything she could have asked for, a nice house, an incredible education, but for some reason Ruby can’t be grateful and instead tries to push Cora and Jamie away. Then, Ruby meets her next door neighbor, Nate, a popular, kind guy who she may have more in common with than she knows. Will Ruby be able to help Nate and learn to help herself? Read and find out.

I loved this book and think that every teenager should read it. It gives people a sense of how important it is to help people and not stand on the side lines and watch as trouble goes on.

amazingkp. BRONZE, Lemars, Iowa
I read this book and i thought it was very good. I have read a few of her books already. She is a very good writer. I want to read more of her books. I hope she keeps writing!!!

on Jun. 12 2009 at 6:48 am
Lauren Slack BRONZE, Broomfield, Colorado
Your plot summary was sufficient, but I think you should include more about what you liked about the book as a whole, and about its meaning/themes.