Makes Me Wanna Holler | Teen Ink

Makes Me Wanna Holler

January 29, 2019
By Anonymous


      This book ‘’Makes Me Wanna Holler’’ by nathan McCall is about the life of Nathan McCall on how he lived and changed his life around growing up. In the beginning of the book it explains how nathan and his friends would beat up white folks every time they would see them in their neighborhood because if what white people did to our ancestors during those slavery times. As the middle of the story comes it explains how nathan caught on to the street life starts doing criminal activities then five years later goes down in prison for a armed robbery. After he got out of prison he moved to Atlanta to get out the streets and change his life so he can become a news writer. After he changed his life around he moved back to cavalier manor to write an article on his hood and how he grew up. While he goes to the store and then parks his car he sees some people that he knew and was talking to them for a minute,then he sensed danger from the younger guys who controlled the his former turf so he gets back in the car and realized that society wasn’t ruined because of race it was because of violence.


This is my book review on ‘’Makes Me Wanna Holler’’