The Prada Plan Book Review | Teen Ink

The Prada Plan Book Review

January 28, 2019
By Anonymous

Money is not a synonym of happiness, but life can be rough and tough without money. Disaya Morgan also known as “Yaya” is a young beautiful lady that any man would fall for. Yaya went through so many obstacles as a child, she had the worst possible background. Her father was a pimp and her mother sold herself to the streets. Sadly at the age of six was when Yaya’s life changed, she was now all on her own. It wasn’t easy growing up in the streets, there was days when she would go hungry and money was a big problem. All she knew about was the “Prada Plan”. As the years passed by she grew into a beautiful lady and had a body that any girl would wish to have. But unfortunately she took advantage of her beauty. All Disaya craved was money. Growing up she did not have nothing,no family, no love just struggles so she depended on money to make her happy. Disaya changed the game and she was willing to do anything to get money.Yaya made very wrong choices trying to get “fast money” but when you do things the dirty way everything eventually turns out bad at the end. Yaya learned the hard way that in the game she’s playing there is no winners.

I really liked The Prada Plan because Ashley Antoinette did a very good job on giving a lot of details. I literally can picture everything in my head while reading this book.She also did a good job on how she set everything up in the book and gave us Yaya’s background. This book starts from when Yaya was a child to when she grows up; which I thought was good because it was easier to comprehend the way Yaya is in the book. This book is not only about drugs and pimping it also has romance and a very good message about self love. I personally love reading urban fiction books because it is similar to watching novelas (soap opera shows). Literary every time I read these urban fiction books especially from Ashley Antoinette I get really attached to them because of all the action and drama.  

I really recommend The Prada Plan by Ashley Antoinette to ladies from the ages 17 and up especially to those who really like reading urban fiction books this book will be great for you to read.


By Laura Rosales


The author's comments:

This piece is a book review on a great book I've read this year called The Prada Plan.