Can't stop won't stop | Teen Ink

Can't stop won't stop

Can’t stop won’t stop is a book that i just picked up because on the front of the cover it shows a boy crossing his arms and also you see in the background there is a couple of girls standing around. From what i see in the cover of the book the timeline that this took place is probably in the 70’s or maybe the 2000’s.

The history of hip-hop has changed a lot over the years, you see the adults listening to tupac, biggie, zapp and roger. But now you see kids listening to rappers that can’t rap on beat and you got mumble rappers, but hey it really doesn’t matter because i listen to a lot of old school songs. Now in this book that i’ve only i haven’t finished the book but i can summarise most of the part that i’ve read. The beginning of the book it really didn’t interest me because it just wasn’t that important for some reason but later on it actually made want to read the book.

in 1979, a New Jersey-based studio confection called the Sugar Hill Gang cut the first rap single to sell over a million copies, and the art turned into a huge industry. “From 1976 to 1979 writers began to notice the balding white man, standing for hours on subway platforms with an expensive camera, he figured he was either a cop or one of them, a die hard junkie for aerosol art.” when people start copying your style your not happy because you were the one who made that style, so if you made a style and someone started copying you would be mad to.

In a post-civil rights era defined by deindustrialization and globalization, hip-hop crystallized a multiracial, polycultural generation's worldview, and transformed American politics and culture. Here is a powerful cultural and social history of the end of the American century, and a provocative look into the new world that the hip-hop generation created. I say that some people should read this book unless you’re into hip-hop history but if your not i still suggest reading this book because it gets interesting later on in this book.