The Lightning Theif | Teen Ink

The Lightning Theif

The gods have been angered by thief who stole Zeus lightning bolt they all come to judge that Percy has stolen Zeus lightning bolt. Percy has come to see that everything he reads with his mind become to scrambled and he figures out from his mother he is the son of Neptune. He later finds out he needs to go to a secret camp that will help him stay safe and he later is told that he needs to do challenges to apologize to the gods.when he done with the challenges he figures out who the real thief was so he needs to get it back from him and bring peace amongst the gods

In The Lightning Thief, Rick Riordan adds Luke as a weak character without that much background information. but, plays a major role in the story later on  Although later on the story they find out that the real thief was Luke the one who gave the equipment to Percy and his friends and had set up so that Percy and his friends can give Zeus lightning bolt to the devil to cause chaos amongst the gods and so that Percy can be late and not give Zeus lightning bolt to the gods and cause chaos amongst themselves as well. This gives some action and major drama towards the story with many fights in their journey and the amount of drama displayed as they continue to solve puzzles to see whether or not they solve it. This shows that even as a true expert among the gods he wants to do many evil things in the mortal world hurting all those around him. Luke may have a good side but Rick Riordan shows that no matter how nice someone is there’s always a catch abound them.

I would recommend this book to 5th and grades above to to the complex of putting down every detail to figure out who the real thief is and how there’s is romance between the main characters and how there's also god like characters trying to figure out the powers they are