The House on Mango Street | Teen Ink

The House on Mango Street

August 11, 2018
By Anonymous

The House on Mango Street is an interesting book it decribes how life was when people were poor and there was a family this family that moved alot of times. This family came from Mexico. Ezperanza thought that here name was cursed and that she would get bad luck for her whole life. She thought she gotten bad luck because of how her family was and how she didn't have a lot of money. She had to do most of the work at the house like in the morning she made everyones lunches for school. Her family was all sorts of weird when it came to food. Some people wanted to have pickels on the top mustard on one side and some people only wanted the bread and ham. After some time she got enough money to get a bike. She played with the bike as  much as she can she road around her town until it got dark or until her mom said to come back at the house. She took very care of her friends and was very over procteted when it came to her sister. She would always listen to what everyone says to her. She always dreamed of having a big house  with a lot of money and helping other poeple that don't have alot of things. She wanted to stop moving to different places but every house that they had it always get broken down because they houses were old and they never payed rent. Some people in the world still live like this but they are tryin to get a better life for there family. She is trying really hard to get a better life for herself and her family but for right now she has to live with what she got. 



JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This article has 0 comments.