Total Myspace Freak | Teen Ink

Total Myspace Freak

By aidah al baqir BRONZE, Los Angeles, California
aidah al baqir BRONZE, Los Angeles, California

I can't believe my best friend Carla is still on the computer, she hasn't done her homework in days and hasn'tcome out to play in days. What could she possibly doing that is so interesting on myspace.
It all started when my friend Jackie introduced me to myspace, about two weeks ago, I found it fun to talk to my friends, but that was it. Putting my personal buisness was not an option for me, i knew better. So soon after I showed Carla everything you could do and she was amazed.After a while that was all she could think about at school she would talk about all the funny things she saw and read and she wouldconstantly ask whether I would be on. I always told her if I finished my homework in time I would and that was usually never. Eventually she stopped asking me but it was cool, until I noticed that when we got our progress reports her grades were lower thatn usual. Instead of Straight A's she had B's and C's and when I asked her why she said the teacher told her that it was from lack of homework. Now it is time to confront her, but I don't know how I am gonna do it. I'll just go up to her room turn off the power of her computer and there we go. Hopefully it will work.

How old are you two? She sounds like she is now addicted to social media. Ask her to have a sleepover with you. UNPLUGGED. Meaning, no electronics. If she doesn't agree to that, I would either let it go or tell her straight up she's atticted.