Himalayan Salt Lamps: Benefits of Owning a Piece of Rock | Teen Ink

Himalayan Salt Lamps: Benefits of Owning a Piece of Rock

February 20, 2016
By Theblackshadowchronicles SILVER, State College, Pennsylvania
Theblackshadowchronicles SILVER, State College, Pennsylvania
9 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Your hair is Winter fire, January embers." - Stephen King's It.


Allergies. Headaches. Sleeplessness.

 

Those were all of the problems I was experiencing a few months back. My migranes were at an all time high due to my hectic schedule and accumlating stress from AP. My allergies were taking over through the transitions in seasons. Sleep, of course, was put on the backburner while I contemplated strategies to boost my music reputation all at the same time, balancing my tendency to dabble in rambling philosophy and language studies.

 

It wasn't until I got on the internet to find peaceful solutions to such a seemingly simple issue. A few clicks and webpages later, I was browsing photos of Himalayan Salt lamps.

 

"I want one," I said to my mom. 

"You want a what now?" She said, confused.

"A Himalayan salt lamp." 

There was an awkward silence. Mom nodded as I told her about how wonderful they were. We agreed to buy one, and I waited impatiently for it to come.

Not a week later, mine finally arrived at my doorstep.

I unboxed it and quickly took it upstairs. I switched on the lamp's light, and stared intently for a couple of moments - amazed at how beautiful this hunk of rock actually was.

 

It didn't take long for me to realize the fantastic benefits of owning a Himalayan salt lamp. Not only did my allergies, along with the help of aromatherapy, slowly dwindle with the lamp, but the fate of living in a harsh, cold climate didn't hurt my spirits as well. The soft glow of the lamp made it easier to relax, and it almost resembled the sunset that my fellow cold-climaterians miss all too much. 

 

My verdict? Pick one up! It's an inexpensive gift - most not costing over fifty dollars. The benefits from owning one is astronomical - everything from better concentration to relaxing vibes.