X-BOX Kinect Review | Teen Ink

X-BOX Kinect Review

September 27, 2015
By JohnnyBlack BRONZE, St. Aughustine, Florida
JohnnyBlack BRONZE, St. Aughustine, Florida
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Why is it that every year gaming companies make the decision to become less and less about gaming, but rather become more and more about the technology gimicks that surround their consoles? For example, the Kinect. The Kinect is awful. I mean, if I wanted to swing my arms around like a freaking chimp with a banana, I wouldnt do it in front of an Xbox Kinect. No, I would do it somewhere more reasonable for that sort of behavior, such as a mental asylum. But what is honestly baffling about the kinect is that no matter how much Microsoft attempts to distance itself from it, as it has been lately, awful games will continuously be released for it. Awful games that very closely resemble Wii Sports if Wii Sports was abandoned midway through development. But what stupid developers would think that me, overly average gamer #20098, would prefer jumping around like a damn lunatic over sitting down on a couch like a normal person. Well, plenty as it turns out. Games such as that are always getting cranked out, and placed in the back of a Gamestop shelf, and when you reach for it, you get sat down by an employee and told whats what. Now, I suppose that this peripheral COULD be useful for some sort of workout program, which has been done a multitude of times, but as with everything that comes out for it, it sorely missed the opportunity. Both the body and voice tracking systems are a mess, and barely work, but when they do work they are used as an awful gimmick that parents like to play with their kids before they get tired after the first 15 minutes. So, sorry to say this microsoft, but I think that I will be sticking with my banana and mental asylum for now.