The Mozart Season | Teen Ink

The Mozart Season

August 14, 2014
By AliciaAlcantara SILVER, Santo Domingo, Other
AliciaAlcantara SILVER, Santo Domingo, Other
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

The Mozart Season is book written by Virginia Euwer Wloff. This book has a lot of things I learn as a musician. It’s a good book too for people that don’t play an instrument because it’s have a good plot and it’s interesting. I like this writing style because I can see what the character is thinking. It’s not my favorite book because I like more Fantasy books but for people that like this kind of books I recommend it. If you are a musician I recommend it too. This will teach you how to play better without any techniques. Also if you are on a competition I recommend it. It will teach you how to compete better.
Allegra is a twelve years old girl. She lives in Portland, Oregon and plays the violin. Allegra was planning to take this summer easy. But she found out she’s one of the finalists of the Bloch competition. The song she has to play is Mozart’s Fourth Violin Concerto. She gave a lot of effort to learn and play it well so much that she put herself on top of Mozart. She changed the concerto to her way. She learned to master the song but it wasn’t mastering the song it was merge with it. Now she has to unlearn the concerto and learn it again. Then she met a man and told him she was going to help him to find his lost song. Now she has more things to do. She wants to know why people have to feel pain. She has a lot of things to think of. At the end of the book Allegra learned a lot of things. She learned to merge not to master. She finds the man’s song. The connection end up been forgetting. She never knows what pain means but she knows that it connect the whole humanity.