Ritas | Teen Ink

Ritas

May 7, 2014
By hbross44 BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
hbross44 BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Ritas
Arizona is the prime location for Mexican food. We border Mexico and you can find a Mexican restaurant anywhere you look. So which restaurant is the best in the valley? For me it’s an easy question, Rita’s. Rita’s is an authentic Mexican food restaurant located in south phoenix. I was taken there by a friend about a year ago and ever since I have been hooked. The restaurant itself is a hole in the wall and does not look like it could serve amazing food. However, when you enter the building the atmosphere completely changes. As soon as you step foot inside you’re thrown into a fiesta which highlights the best aspects of Hispanic culture. The smell of salsa and chips fills the room and makes your mouth water. As soon as you sit down your waiter or waitress is there to take your orders and deliver a basket of warm, handmade chips, as well as a delicious bowl of salsa. The food comes out within ten minutes of ordering it! After you finish your delicious food the plate is quickly cleared and you are given your option of desert. The desert menu includes my favorite, fried ice-cream. The fried ice-cream is absolutely delicious and comes with your choice of toppings for free! Again as soon as your done your table is cleared and you are handed your check. No need to sit around and wait for the waitress to come back and collect the check, just walk up to the paying counter and pay your check there. The food itself is cheap, an Entrée and fried ice cream is only 12 dollars. As far as Mexican food goes, Rita’s is number one.