The Best Burger Joint in the West | Teen Ink

The Best Burger Joint in the West

By Jack Hovland BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona
Jack Hovland BRONZE, Scottsdale, Arizona

If you are looking for a fast food restaurant that delivers quality service and has quality employees, In-N-Out Burger in Scottsdale, Arizona is the place to go. When you walk into any of these restaurants, the associates are happy to make whatever you may want, whether it be the classic Double-Double with fries and a drink or a four by four with “Animal Style” fries from the “secret menu.” When you order your food, you will also notice that the restaurant has nothing to hide; they cook the burgers and fries right in front of you.
No In-N-Out restaurant uses freezers, microwaves, or heat lamps to make your food, like that of any McDonald’s or Burger King. When I order my Double-Double with grilled onions and chili peppers, drink, and fries, the associate taking my order reads the order back to me to make sure it is to my liking. When I sit down with my food (like I have many times before at In- N-Out), I notice that the wrapped up burger is hot, moist, fresh, and ready to eat. When I bite into the burger, it feels like heaven landed on the bun with the two pieces of fresh melted cheese, lettuce, tomato, secret sauce, and two patties that are grilled to perfection. One other aspect I like about In-N-Out is that the shakes are made from real ice cream, and they do not come from the freezer. You can also see in the kitchen that the fries are being cut from a skinned potato to be put in the fryer for you to enjoy. The only criticism about In-N-Out I have is about the fries. They can sometimes come out as hard crisps, but can sometimes turn out as soft and tasty potato perfection.

Going to In-N-Out is a must for anyone traveling to the west to enjoy a burger. Sadly, the chain’s locations are only in five states: California, Nevada, Arizona, and recently, Utah, and Texas. If you are in Southern California, In-N-Out locations are all over the place, but they are sparsely located elsewhere. Just remember that if you are ever looking for a place that is fresher than McDonald’s and Burger King, remember the slogan, “Quality you can taste.”