Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

Educator of the Year

By qh123 BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware
qh123 BRONZE, Hockessin, Delaware

Educator of the Year Nomination
Mr. Jones

Mr. Jones was the best teacher I ever had. There are many reasons I think this. He would adapt his teaching style to the type of learning you had. He was very fair in his treatment for tests and class work. He is just a very sociable person and somewhat of a role model. Plus, he was reasonable in his discipline style.

I really appreciated how he adapted his teaching style for all kinds of learners. For example, I learn better hands on, so I liked that he would do a lab almost every day. He would also help every student that learned differently, by taking notes with them or giving a lecture. He cared about each one of his students. If someone was failing, he offered extra credit. He also would allow us to make corrections on our test to get 1/2 point back for each question. Doing the corrections also helped you learn what you missed. He helped all kids do the best they could.

I like when a teacher is fair, and Mr. Jones was fair. If you listened and tried, he would help you if you were having trouble in that class. But, he would not give you extra credit two days before the marking period ended if you did nothing all year. Also, when we were in our astronomy section, he would take us to the planetarium as long as we behaved. He would also play this game with books where we made a bridge with them. But that was only if we got our work done and we were good.

Mr. Jones was sociable and he was a great role model. His personality was just nice, which was not very common in my middle school days. He was respectable and still somewhat of a kid at heart. He liked to joke around and have fun experiments, but he also wanted us to work hard.

I also loved the fact that he was fair in his discipline. He treated everyone the same no matter what another teacher said about you. If you misbehaved one day, the next day was a new day, and the problem was in the past. He didn’t pick favorites. Mr. Jones was always respectful to everyone.

Mr. Jones made class fun, and I learned so much in his class. My friends and I loved his class; we looked forward to it every day. I was never checking how much time was left in Mr. Jones’s class. I look up to and respect Mr. Jones as a teacher and a person! He’s a great candidate for Educator of the Year.