The Oculus Rift | Teen Ink

The Oculus Rift

By Adrean Casas BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
Adrean Casas BRONZE, Denver, Colorado

The Oculus Rift
The Oculus Rift is a virtual reality headset that allows a person to actually visualize and enter a virtual world like no other. The co-founder Palmer Luckey came up with the idea of creating a virtual headset like no other in the world. He wanted to make the headset affordable and the best virtual headset on the market. Soon after the idea by Palmer, he then was in contact with the corporation known as Oculus VR, Incorporated. The project soon started with an idea then was actually invented in 2012. The virtual headset prototype became the big talk of the electronic world. The Oculus Rift was rated one of the top ten electronic created in 2012.
This is a very interesting topic, in my opinion, because not only is the virtual headset new technology that has been only dreamt about, it is an idea that was believed in the past that it could not be done correctly. The Virtual headset is made to be a one of a kind. Not like other models, The Oculus rift is using advanced technology in order to widen the visual spectrum of the virtual world. For example, the latency on an older model headset has a very high latency and the newer model has a very low latency.
Latency is how fast the headset communicates with the screen or also known as delay. A high latency means that the head set will have a big delay in body movement to virtual movement. I believe that this device will better our future for virtual technology. Furthermore, I believe the Oculus Rift will advance our technology; for example TVs, phones, and computers will start to adapt with this new device. Soon our technology will become virtual and hands free. That is why I choose to write a review for the Oculus Rift.

This device interested me because of how it will change our future.