Que Delisco | Teen Ink

Que Delisco

By Will Driscoll BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama
Will Driscoll BRONZE, Birmingham, Alabama

The scenery in Cocina Superior is wonderful and always makes me feel at home and very comfortable. Almost all of the tables are booths, and they are very comfortable and modern. There is a tall ceiling, so you feel like you are almost in an open air space. There are lots of blue lights, and it feels like everything is made out of water. There is a large divider that goes on the booths, serving almost as a wall. It is about shoulder height, and on top of it there are synthetic palm trees that somehow fit perfectly. There are TVs everywhere, and there is always a good sports game in view. I am always occupied when I go there, and so is my family. It is almost like a sports bar, but it is more family friendly with Mexican food.

Also, there is a kid friendly section of the menu. If a child is not in the mood for spicy and delicious Mexican food, there is a small menu that is full of items such as chicken fingers and pasta. Also the children's menu doubles as an activity sheet, with a coloring page and a maze. This will keep the children occupied for most of the meal, and they supply them with crayons and coloring sheets.

They have a small desert menu featuring a few classic Mexican delights, such as sopapillas, tres leches, and Mexican flans, just to name a few. Also, if you don't care for any of these desserts, than just across the street their is a frozen yogurt store that may please your sweet tooth.

Cocina Superior is exactly what you want to restaurant to be like. It has great food, is kid friendly, and has a great feel to it due to the scenery. They always have fresh warm food, and it is always delicious no matter what you get. Cocina Superior is without a doubt the best Mexican food in Birmingham, and from what I have experienced, the best in Alabama.

This is a short restraunt review I wrote for English class early this year.