Vokey Wedge Review | Teen Ink

Vokey Wedge Review

May 1, 2013
By Anonymous

Positive Product Review

My heart beat out of my chest and the whole world watched as I stood in the knee high grass surrounding the 18th green. I was in the lead by one stroke, though it was hardly a safe lead. In trouble on the 18th hole, and I had to get the ball up and down to save a par and win the tournament. I was nervous as ever about the possible result, but deep inside of me there was a hint of confidence. It had been a rollercoaster of a day, as I had had eagles, bogeys, and everything in between. My current form did not give me the confidence I had; the confidence came from the wedge I was using that I knew would perform. My trusty Titleist Vokey wedge had been with me through thick and thin, and I knew that this case would be no different. I knew if I put a decent swing on the golf ball, the club would do the rest of the work. Needless to say, my confidence persevered. The ball lofted heroically into the air and landed softly onto the green. It trickled down to the hole, and stopped inches away from the cup as I let out a sigh of relief. My Vokey wedge, made by Titleist Golf and their wedge specialist Bob Vokey, had come through once again, and it proved for me to be the ultimate choice for a performance wedge. Titleist Vokey Wedges, which can be found in any golf retailer across the country, have a perfect wedge for every golfer yearning for success. Titleist wedges have proved to be a success story over the years, based on performance and reputation.
The Titleist reputation is an untainted recollection of golf memories throughout the years. These memories, success stories, are written all over the Titleist name. The prestige, the history, and the success are revealed as you gaze upon the perfect logo. The logo of Titleist is all over the sport of golf, over their wedges and over their irons, over their hats, and over the golf balls. The Titleist Spin Milled Vokey Wedge follows this tradition perfectly. The perfect Titleist reputation was arguably improved (if that is possible) by yet another new product in the famed Vokey line. The new Spin Milled Vokey wedge features groove technology that is unmatched by its competitors. The spin milled grooves provide a soft feel around the greens and the ball jumps off the face with just the right amount of spin. When the wedge is hit correctly, the feeling of the ball hitting the clubface is undeniably heavenly. This perfect feeling urges one to choose this club again and again, even in the stickiest situations. When one uses the wedge off of the fairway, the spin is fierce, ferocious, and fun to play with. The hundreds of revolutions per minute of spin can be overwhelming for the better player, but it can also provide tremendous confidence for the not so talented golfer. The better player controls the spin, when it is not needed, but he also uses it to his advantage when in a tough spot on the golf course. In this way, the Titleist Vokey Spin Milled Wedge is perfect for golfers of all skill levels. There is also a specific angle and bounce angle that is perfect for every golfer.
The newest Vokey wedge comes in lofts of 48 to 64 degrees, at even intervals. One can choose a loft based on the function or purpose he/she wants it to serve. For example, if a person needs help lofting the ball up and landing it softly near the green, he would probably want a higher lofted wedge. If he wants to hit better shots from around 80-130 yards, a lower lofted club would be the best choice. It is all based on personal preference, and Titleist makes wedges for all preferences. When purchasing a Spin Milled Vokey wedge, bounce preference is also a choice that one has. The bounce is the angle of the sole of the club to the ground. A wedge can have anywhere from 0 to 16 degrees of bounce, and again it is all about what is right for the buyer’s game. If the conditions at a golf course are hard and dry, low bounce is usually preferred. If the ground is soft and wet, a high bounce is generally preferred. The Titleist Spin Milled Vokey Wedge has features and fittings for all types of golf games. That is the advantage of choosing a Vokey wedge. There are so many choices that come into play, and there is an option for everyone. The choice can be difficult, but the specific choices the buyer has can in the end improve his game. The wedge will also cause a significant increase in confidence, based on its performance and looks.
To go along with the stellar performance, the Spin Milled Vokey wedge also looks the part. With a classic, shiny, finished look, the Vokey wedge resembles the classy tradition of Titleist well. Coming in finishes of Tour Chrome, Black Nickel, and an original Oil Can, the Vokey Wedge will give you utmost confidence as you are ready to hit your shot. The surprisingly durable Titleist Spin Milled Vokey Wedge is a category leader in looks, performance, and demand, and rightfully so. The healthily self-confident Titleist reputation lives on with the creation of its newest Vokey wedge. I would give it a rating of 5 out of 5, a perfect wedge for any golfer.


The author's comments:
No