taylor swifts state of grace song review | Teen Ink

taylor swifts state of grace song review

April 22, 2013
By erin weeks BRONZE, Berwyn, Pennsylvania
erin weeks BRONZE, Berwyn, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Taylor Swifts song State of Grace from her album Red was and is one of my favorite songs. When I first heard her album I cried because I loved it so much. I enjoyed her song State of Grace most of all.


This artist is from Redding, Pa and she started singing in a church at the jersey sore. Later when she was about 15 she went to Nashville, TN. She went there to search for a record company that would sign her. She worked so hard and it took a while but she finally found a label that signed her. Some of her other older albums are Speak No and Fearless. The theme of her newest album Red is pore poppish then country like all of her other albums.




The overall theme for this CD would have to be love and life stories that everyone can connect to. I love the lyrics they are so beautiful . An example of her lyrics to the song State of Grace is “this is a state of grace this is a worth while fight.” These are very inspiring and nice.



A couple of other tracks that stand out in this album are Starlight and Treacherous. They stand out because of their great and inspiring lyrics that I can really connect too. None of her lyrics sag they are all great! These songs compare to others Taylor Swift has written because they are both poppish and country music tracks.



I give this CD/Album a ? 5 out of 5 stars because its very soothing and beautiful lyrics. Overall Taylor swifts newest album Red has been amazing and I love it!