Famous Dave's | Teen Ink

Famous Dave's

December 3, 2007
By Anonymous

Having a rack attack? Grab a slab! Are you craving some delicious, home style bar-b-que food? Well, hop in your car and drive to Famous Dave's. It will satisfy your every craving with its legendary pit bar-b-que, sweet cornbread, and sugary, sweet drunkin' apples. The best part is you can take-a-seat, grab-a-load and hit-the-road at one of the fast, to-go counters, or have an event bar-b-que catered anytime, anyplace.

Famous Dave's has a home style, friendly atmosphere. The picnic decorations, gas pump stop, plunger-style bathrooms, and barn animals make you feel right at home on the farm. Smelling the spicy, delicious ribs will make your mouth water while you wait for your food. Workers are friendly and the service is quick. You'll never run out of drinks and there are plenty of paper towels to keep things clean as you eat.

If you ever eat at Famous Dave's, try the bar-b-que that has won over 300 awards for the Famous Dave's legendary Pit-smoked bar-b-que rib joints across the country. I would recommend trying the 1st Place St. Louis Style Ribs platter, which includes a warm cornbread muffin, corn-on-the-cob, and your choice of two sides. Sides include potato salad, creamy coleslaw, wilbur beans, drunkin' apples, famous fries, firecracker green beans, and garlic red-skin mashed potatoes. My favorite side dishes are the crispy, famous fries and garlic red-skin mashed potatoes that will make your heart sing. There is something for everyone and the spice is just right!

Looking for a feast for two or a family? Try the All-American BBQ Feast. The BBQ Feast serves four to five people and comes with a mouth-watering full slab of spareribs, a whole chicken, ½ pound of either Texas beef brisket or Georgia chopped pork, coleslaw, famous fries, wilbur beans, four cornbread muffins, and four corn-on-the-cob. The Feast for two is a half portion of the All-American BBQ Feast for those romantic dinners. If you can't make it in to Famous Dave's to eat, try the family- style-to-go meals, where there is food available by the pound, slab, pint and quart.

Famous Dave's is even a great place for kids! Lil' Wilbur meals are available for children 10 and under which includes a choice of one side or carrots and celery, Oreo cookies, and a drink. Your children will love the country roasted or bar-b-que chicken, rib dinner, macaroni and cheese, chicken tenders, Georgia chopped pork sandwich, or burger.

Famous Dave's will make your get-togethers famous! The legendary pit bar-b-que is perfect for any event you've got cookin'. Plates of lip-smackin' bar-b-que can be brought to all occasions, including wedding, church picnics, parties, banquets, class reunions, family reunions, business lunches, graduation parties, holiday events, large corporate functions, neighborhood events, and more. There is no order too big or small. Events have been serviced for groups of 6 to 16,000.

I would recommend Famous Dave's for anyone who loves a good home-cooked meal. The food is delicious, the service is wonderful and speedy, and the prices are fair. After eating one of Famous Dave's meals, you will never go hungry again! After all, they wouldn't call them famous if they're just pretty good!