TaylorMade P770 review | Teen Ink

TaylorMade P770 review

By Talontl GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
Talontl GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

I've been golfing for about 5 years now and golf has become a huge part of my life. I have experimented a lot in these 5 years with the different types of golf clubs I used. The clubs that stand out to me are the Taylormade p770 irons.

The p770 irons are hot on the market today. They are a sleek distance player iron. This means that the p770s have a smaller club head but are super hot off the face at impacts and still have a touch of forgiveness. The p770s head is constructed from forged steel shaped into an iron with a hollow body design. Inside the hollow body, the clubhead contains a 46g tungsten weight and is also filled with their patented speed foam technology which is supposed to improve the feel and sound of the iron. On the sole of the club, they have their speed pocket which is supposed to improve and provide consistent ball speed. 

I started playing playing the p770 irons in the summer of 2021 and this is what I have to say. What I have noticed from these irons is that they look exceptional. These irons are made perfectly for the eye of a player who doesn't like their irons to look chunky but dont want to get into the territory of blades. From Pw-8 iron the top line is thin with a small compact face and does not involve the use of the speed pocket. 7-4 iron has a great top line, With these irons they made the club face a little bigger to give more confidence over the ball and they put in the speed pocket. 

I've played these clubs for almost 3 years and a great thing TaylorMade has done with these irons is the way they interact with the turf. I have to say I've played every lie imaginable with these clubs. The clubs slide through the fairway and rough with no problem, even in wet fescue or wet rough you can get your club on the ball and get it out. The way the ball comes off the face makes it feel fast and powerful but still has the feel of a player's iron. Miss hits are decently forgiving, but on strikes on the toe, the face wants to fly open. 

These irons are what many players look for and I believe these are some of the hottest, most looked-at irons on the market today. These irons have the perfect shape, feel, performance, and turf interaction. The Taylor-made p770s are the irons to look at.

This is a review of clubs I've played through tournaments, high school golf, and everyday life