Malala Yousafzai speech | Teen Ink

Malala Yousafzai speech

As an old saying goes “Education is the only key to empower girls.” Recently, education has helped women to gain the skills needed to take on leadership roles at the local and national levels. Better-educated women are more likely to join bodies, whether volunteer or elected, where they can take part in making decisions that affect their lives and those of their communities. This paper holds the idea that education is beneficial for women’s rights.
First, education can make women realize their legal rights, which facilitates them realizing the inequality they have experienced. A speech about women’s education mentions that “Their rights to live in peace. Their right to be treated with dignity. Their right to equality of opportunity. Their rights to be educated.” This shows people that education can awaken women’s awareness of their rights, meaning that education can bring them the capacity to identify the discrimination around them.
Additionally, due to the fact that education can bring power and courage to people, it encourages women to speak out and fight for their rights in society. In the speech from Malala, she stated “We call upon the world leaders that all the peace deals must protect women and children’s rights, a deal that goes against the dignity of women and their rights is unacceptable.” This part of the speech gives people a sense that Malala, one of countless women, gradually had the courage and confidence to fight for their rights in public. In addition, plenty of educated women give speeches on formal occasions, such as Emma Watson, Hillary Clinton, and Sojourner Truth.
In conclusion, education brings hope to women’s rights, allowing them to know and protect their rights.

In my Grade 11 AP Language and Composition class, we studied a speech from Malala Yousafzai on how she made her speech powerful and effective on feminism. In the light of this, I decided to write a short review to analyze this speech with recent social situation.