The Failed Disappointment Of Dave's Hot Chicken | Teen Ink

The Failed Disappointment Of Dave's Hot Chicken

By 4hazard BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4hazard BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Trends are all over the world. It seems like every week something new is in and something that was new a week ago is out. This goes for fast food restaurants as well. We all remember the Travis Scott Meal from McDonalds or the debate between Popeyes and Chick Fil A for who had the best chicken sandwich. These trends and fads of food usually lead to disappointment for most people.

But there is one popular restaurant that beats the trend and fad allegations. Dave's Hot Chicken. Now this slowly expanding fast food restaurant has true quality and taste. The chicken is remarkable. Flavorful, delicious, and filling chicken that feels like you cooked it in your own home with the different spice levels being sweet and salty to a hot burst of spice. Hot Chicken, its two thirds of the name and this will not disappoint. Their flavor ranges from no spice, all the way up to Reaper, giving anyone their correct spice level. Each spice level tastes unique regardless of spiciness. Giving you tons of options on a relatively small and simple menu. Be prepared to pick off or ask for no coleslaw, however, as it comes on every sandwich. Their pickles give a nice cut of saltiness and cool down to the chicken as well as their crinkle cut fries that are dusted in a once again unique spice blend leaving behind bland fries in favor of intensely flavorful fried potatoes. 

Their service on take out is fast and easy by just giving you a ticket and the workers are friendly and helpful if you decide to dine in. The negatives, however, do start with the price. It is not exactly cheap if you want a filling amount of food but it isn’t awful and still well worth it. As well as the location of only Menomonee Falls, WI. : be thankful as there are only 82 in the whole country. Overall Dave’s Hot Chicken is a great experience that will make you want to come back every time. I for one can’t wait for the next time I get to dive into that hot chicken. But I will definitely be asking for no coleslaw.