Indian Canyon - A Hole in One? | Teen Ink

Indian Canyon - A Hole in One?

November 30, 2022
By BrodyD BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
BrodyD BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Indian Canyon - A Hole in One?


Even though a hole in one is practically impossible for a simple golfer like I am, golfing one is not so impossible. The view of the California canyons is amazing to one's eye, but golfing inside them is even better. A historic golf course in the middle of Palm Springs canyons is a bucket list for any golfer. The golf course was opened up on New Years Eve in 1961, and the golf course is a key spot for many get away vacations for golfers during the winter, but during the summer due to the intense heat it turns into a ghost town besides the residents living there. Through the course's history it has held many famous events such as the Ryder Cup and 2 PGA tour events during the course's earliest years. 

The course may not have the same popularity as it did back in the 1950s and 60s, but it is still an amazing golf course. The course has breathtaking views of the mountains and a great terrain to golf on. Even though it may be a little difficult for a less experienced golfer (such as myself) with the houses being so close to the course and the difficult terrain if you are not in the fair way. It is still a extradory golf course for anyone that may want to golf it, from the beauty of the views, to the difficulty of the course. 

Each hole in the course brought something different to the experience of golfing at Indian Canyon Golf Course. From being able to drive it within 50 yards on a par 4 to having to use 4 different clubs to just be able to hit it to the green on a par 5. The course was a great place to play with the greens being in tip top shape for all golfers, and the bunkers feeling to be very playable. Apart from golf, for golfers that are not able to bring their own clubs to the course they have an amazing collection of clubs that one is able to use, sometimes better than a golfer's own clubs.

Indian Canyon Golf Course was a once in a lifetime experience to golf out with the breath taking history that the course has, and the history of golf that the course has endured of its years. The beautiful course is great for anyone to visit at any time throughout the year. Anyone who likes golf a little bit would love this course a lot.


The author's comments:

It is a review about the golf course, Indian Canyon in Palm Springs, California