Sitting in Sixth Hour | Teen Ink

Sitting in Sixth Hour

By pmartin23 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
pmartin23 BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The story written by Jared Goudsmit called “Sitting in Sixth Hour” left me with an open mind about how much I relate to the story. The story talks about school and how about this specific person’s school life.  The author wrote, “We were chatting and laughing and eating just ten minutes ago…” That quote left me in awe because that perfectly represents any students life, especially my own. I go from class to class wondering what grade I got on the algebra test or if I did my homework for the next class. But sitting in the lunchroom surrounded by my friends and laughing about the dumbest things that happend the night before. But as soon as the twelve-forty bell rings it’s over. The fun that happend ten minutes ago seemed pontless if we couldn’t continue it. Jared also said in his story, “...Yet powerful nonetheless, of what life can hold, a gimmer, a glimps, during lunch…” That right there a students disbelief that a school wants us to be kids but adults all at once. How could it be that a single school could offer such hope.