My School Uniform | Teen Ink

My School Uniform

By meling_b BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
meling_b BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio

The writing titled “My School Uniform”, written by Anonymous, SC, talks about everyone judging her clothes and how they are too short or she isn’t wearing the right thing. The article was very relatable for me and I agreed with her in the points that she made. 

The article “My School Uniform” talks about the private school she goes to and how they have school uniforms and dress code policies. In the article the author writes about how she is trying to remember if she has everything on, “Is my skirt too short? Are my socks the right color? Am I wearing the right shoes? Did I remember my blazer?” At my school I feel like people always judge my clothes and if I’m in with the style or are my shorts too short in the summer. She has the same problem at her school. The author also writes” This is a warning… the next time you get called out you will receive a Friday Morning Service.” Her school gives punishments much like mine does. We get a Friday school if we don’t meet the school dress code. When I was done reading the article it left me thinking about how petty our world can be at times. The last thing the author wrote was, “I need them to get with the times”, and I thought, yeah it really does.