Of Starlight and Solitude | Teen Ink

Of Starlight and Solitude

October 24, 2019
By gmeuleman BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
gmeuleman BRONZE, Defiance, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The writing titled “Of Starlight and Solitude, written by “Laura,” talks about all nighters and school. His/Her writing left me feeling a little sad. Most of this writing talks about how awful school is. I totally agree with her on many things that she talks about in this article. I believe that most things we learn in school are pointless. She says, “...I’m fighting back against the armies of administrators who think they have a say in my future.” I laughed at this because I wish I could do the same thing. Honestly, school is just a breeding ground for stds and bullying. Teachers might think they can change a kid, but that kid will only change if they really want to and a teacher is most likely not going to make that happen. The only thing that gets me through the day are my friends. “Laura” thinks the same when she says, “There are all nighters when I’m not so alone...and laughs from our Skype call fill the empty space.” Overall, school is something I will always hate, but have to tolerate and live through it.