My First Time at Six Flags | Teen Ink

My First Time at Six Flags

I heard about everyone that has gone to Six Flags but yet I have not gone there myself. In Gurnee, Illinois, I have  passed it on road trips, near the end of Lake Michigan. Six Flags is an amusement park and known for their best theme parks and their fastest, tallest looping roller coasters. I have never stepped foot on Six flags and  never thought I would have a chance to go until my friend invited me. I was so excited to go, I jumped for joy and said yes.

Make sure to come prepared. I forgot a raincoat on my first time there and it could’ve been a bad day if my friend’s mom didn’t have ponchos for all of us. It is always a good idea to check the weather beforehand. The weather is very unpredictable and it can be difficult to get the roller coasters started because of malfunctions due to the rain. 

In order to avoid the rain, we headed to an indoor roller coaster called: The Dark Night. The line was very long and it took 30 minutes to an hour to finally get on one roller coaster. With the  excitement of going on six, 180 degrees, hairpin turns, in the pitch dark and escaping the torment of the Joker’s hallucinatory images.  

When we were done, it stopped raining and we got to go on big roller coasters.  One Roller coaster that I went on called the Raging Bull absolutely terrified me because it had a 65 degree drop that went 73 miles per hour, with inclined loops, and fast turns; my head was still spinning when we got off the roller coaster but I enjoyed every minute of it!  Another roller coaster we went on was the Viper. It was a wooden roller coaster that had unpredictable fast & quick turns, lots of drops, and went up really high. It was really fun but scary at the same time because the turns were so quick, I felt like I was going to fly off.  Getting to go on Vertical Velocity terrified me but going straight up and down in 45 seconds at the rate of 70 miles per hour felt like I couldn’t even blink without the wind pulling my face back!

Sooner or later I got hungry and we went to order the el Nacho Grande near The Joker free fly coaster. It was full of tortilla chips—the bowl was even editable—melted nacho cheese, sour cream, Taco meat piled high,with onions scattered everywhere, along with shredded cheddar cheese, and tomatoes. My first few bites were incredible; I could taste all the flavors at once but my stomach became full and I couldn’t eat it by myself, so my friend helped me finish it up.

I asked my family to come to six flags with me because the time I spent there for the first was thrilling. The Raging Bull made my stomach do flips, that also made me laugh and cry at the same time because we went down that huge drop 73 miles per hour. My family gets to enjoy the time there like I did because Six Flags is by far the best place that I have ever been too. 

If you want to get through the lines quicker and not wait for hours to go on one ride. Than you should buy Fast pass is included in the Six Flags Members card. The membership’s allow you to skip lines, have unlimited soft drinks, printed ride photos, etc. and that depends on what membership you have.  There are 4 different kinds of memberships; starting with $7. 15 a month...the Gold plus membership,the platinum for $9.15 a month, and the diamond (elite) membership with $12.15 and $18.15 a month. The fast pass allows you to skip the lines to most of all the big roller coasters. It cuts your time in line by 50% and  you also save 75% off regular prices. 

My first time going to six flags was absolutely unforgettable. You can go on the tallest and fastest rides, see amazing theme parks, make memories with friends, and experience amazing food. It’s really worth driving an hour to get to Illinois to go to Six flags. I promise you that you would not be disappointed.

This is my first time going to Six Flags and through this article you will read about the fun roller coasters I have been on, the weather, and the amazing food I had.