Serial Season One | Teen Ink

Serial Season One

By nathan_mobbin GOLD, Sacramento, California
nathan_mobbin GOLD, Sacramento, California

"eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind"

Have you heard of the trending podcast Serial?? Serial is involved in a murder case that happened 20 years ago told through a podcast that all students should hear. What I found interesting about the podcast is that not only it gets very intense but leaves you thinking what will happen next so it gives you a chance to think.

Sarah Koeing well known for being a narrator of Serial. Sarah released season one in 2014 and released two more seasons after. Serial is known for its nonfiction stories that happened through the years. Serial is also the greatest investigative and innovative nonfiction podcast to ever be released. It leaves you on cliffhanger, that have you questioning what will happen next. The podcast makes you feel like you’re also the one investigating and asking questions.

Serial has won one of the biggest podcast awards the “Peabody” for its innovative nonfiction stories. The “Alibi” season one the season that helped serial gets its first winning award. It talks about a murder of a high school student named Hae Min Lee and where her ex boyfriend (adnan syed) was to be blamed while still claiming his innocence for 20 long years.

The storyline told will leave you eager to what will happen next. Sarah and her strange affection towards adnan, thinking of his innocence while trying to make him confess. Sarah also interviewed the people that knew Hae Min Lee and adnan, their stories will leave you questioning “who killed Hae”. You be be the judge of that and find out who you think killed her. Serial is a podcast that should not be missed.