Culver's Review Essay | Teen Ink

Culver's Review Essay

By 0parkinson BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
0parkinson BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

When you hear people talk about Culvers and say it’s ‘good fast food,’ you might think that what they mean is that it’s good food for a fast food restaurant. However, Culvers stands out as quality, regardless of being labeled as a fast food restaurant.

The one thing I heard many people talk about when it comes to culvers is how good the cheese curds are. My first expectations of Culvers was, how good could their cheese curds really be? Well, let me tell you―they are delicious. The first bite of your cheese curds you taste the breading and the cheese. The next few bites you begin to taste spices that were added to the cheese curds to give it the delicious, rich taste of every cheese curd you eat.

At Culvers I ordered a cheeseburger with fries and cheese curds. I also got a cheese sauce to dip in along with a vanilla custard with caramel. The cheese sauce I ordered I tried with everything at some point or another. The food always got better everytime that I dipped something in the cheese. Being a Wisconsinite I love cheese so it always made the food better?

The cheeseburger I ordered did not look like much. It looked more like a pancake with cheese than a cheese burger, but after my first bite I realized how wrong I really was. The meat was a pancake that looked like it was burnt to a crisp. Looks however do not describe taste. You could taste everything that I had put on the burger. The rich taste of the burger along with the gooey texture of the cheese made this burger delicious for me.

The french fries were not the most intense flavor. The fries tasted kind of bland by themselves, but when mixed with the cheese sauce they are delicious. The mixture of hot cheese and hot fries I would highly recommend to everyone.

To have dessert at Culvers you must have some form of their frozen custard. Vanilla or chocolate—does not matter. There are a variety of ways to get your custard at Culvers as well which allows you to have more options to get the best meal for you. My custard was much better than I expected. With every bite of the frozen dessert I could taste the caramel that was poured all over the it. If these things do not sound tasteful to you they have other ways to get your custard like a concrete mixer or a sundae. The best part of the custard is that you can put whatever you want on it. You are able to put a variety of candies and fruits of your cold treat so that it is to your liking.

Now to talk about the most important part of any restaurant―the service. Many fast food restaurants have low quality service along with the workers having low moral. This however is not the case. When you walk into Culvers you will be greeted by someone saying, “Welcome!” The managers of the restaurant are always pleasant and will go out of their way to make you happy. While I was at Culvers I had a manager come over and actually sit and talk with my family about our food and how things are going. There have been numerous occasions where the managers have wanted to know how the service was and if we needed anything else. The managers at Culvers are so warm and pleasant that they will remember your face and have conversations with you.

The convenient location of culvers less than a mile from the local high school makes it a great place to go to meet up with your friends after school or after a football game. It is in the middle of Hartland and yet this Culvers seems to thrive.

With the convenient location of this Culvers along with the taste of the food and the pleasant staff, Culvers is a place that I would recommend for people to go no matter the occasion. Culvers might technically be a fast food restaurant,  but with its restaurant quality, making me come back will not be challenging.

This was a review of Culvers that I wrote for my composition class.