Birch and Banyan | Teen Ink

Birch and Banyan

By 0hofkamp BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
0hofkamp BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

I am someone who loves to go and hangout with friends after school, be able to get work done, or just get a good drink and go. I love to do all of this at Birch and Banyan. It’s my favorite coffee shop. I can honestly say I’m never disappointed with the food and drinks. For food options, my favorite are the baked goods (including, scones, bread and cookies), but they have a wide array including sandwiches, ice cream, soup, snacks you can take on the go, and even keesh. However, when a restaurant has a large variety of food, it tends to be a lot for the company to keep up with and maybe not always taste the best. They also have a great selection of drinks. Currently, they have spring drinks which are a bit more adventurous (like lavender or wildflower honey lattes).

As for the atmosphere, it is a great spot to chat with friends over coffee or get some work done. They have free wifi and even a room you use for a get together or studying. However, you may have to reserve the room to be sure you can get it. When it is not occupied, feel free to sit down in the space. Outside of the room, there are windows all around, a great layout of tables and chairs, and even a couch  by a fireplace and TV. Also, if it’s warm enough, I would recommend sitting outside in the sun!

Another added bonus to Birch and Banyan, is the people that work there. Each worker always has a smile on their face makes them seem elated and is so kind. They will greet you as you walk in and say “Thanks!” and “Bye!” as you leave. They know many of their customers by name. It allows you to feel at ease and fantastic place to be.

Compared to other coffeeshops in this area, it has decent pricing for the drinks and food.