Best western In Veronna | Teen Ink

Best western In Veronna

April 26, 2019
By Anonymous

On a trip to Italy this year, I stayed at a Best Western in Verona. The hotel experience was very poor. We arrived as a group on Thursday night at around 7 p.m and were lead up to our rooms, most of us were placed on the third floor and given thirty minutes to settle in and figure out the layout of the room. We were brought downstairs for a group dinner promptly after our short exploration. Regarding the first course; it was ravioli with a balsamic reduction, the ravioli could easily be recognized as frozen, and I could taste the freezer burn. The entree was two slices of veal with an onion and date puree with a side of baked potatoes. The veal was over salted and tough, the potatoes were drowning in butter and undercooked. Our third course, dessert, was a fruit tart with a simple graham cracker base layer and a custard filling with strawberries, kiwis and blueberries on top. The dinner in its entirety was mediocre but not much more could be expected at a hotel.

After dinner, we were ushered upstairs to our rooms. One of the four walls in our room was lined with a mirror that was completely covered in fingerprints. Naturally, after the hours we had spent on the plane, a shower was in order. The bathroom was pleasant and the marble counters and floors were very well kept. After the shower, I realized that the shower was not draining; the stopper that would allow for a bath was not getting enough water through a nasty sight to see. The entire stopper had to be yanked out of the tub for the water to drain properly.

After a nights rest food was the only thing on my mind as well as the rest of the travel group. Breakfast was served buffet style and catered to many guests at one time. The room was split up into three sections with a savory table, a sweet table, and a drinks area. It was a great set up and the foods were wonderful. The self serve coffee machine worked with proficiency and delivered the drink that was chosen. We sat down and consumed our meals voraciously.

Overall the Best Western in Verona is mediocre, but if traveling in Italy your Hotel should only be a room and bed; Italy is a gorgeous country, go explore it rather than staying in the hotel.