Snapchat Review | Teen Ink

Snapchat Review

By Jazzlee BRONZE, Lethbridge, Alberta
Jazzlee BRONZE, Lethbridge, Alberta

Snapchat is a social media app that allows you to easily send photos, videos and instant messages to your friends.  You’re able to chat with your friends through fun face filters, cool gifs, emojis and stickers. Also, you can earn different trophies for the different tasks you complete throughout the app.  

Some of the intriguing things about Snapchat is that it is an enjoyable way to interact with your friends and family. There is a discovery page on the app with a bunch of different stories on fashion, food, celebrity news and top news stories from around the world. Also, you can subscribe to some of your favorite celebrities, along with news networks so you can see their stories on the daily. As well, there are many impressive features you can find throughout the app and different updates that come along with all the different holidays. Any photos or videos you take on the app you can save to your personal memory section, and it will give yearly memories of when you saved them, so you can look back on the years and see what you were doing on that day.   

Downsides of the app is that random people from all over the world can find you and can see your photos if you don’t have the right privacy settings on. One of the newest updates to the app is friends and random people can see your location and see everywhere you go, but you can turn off the locations setting so people can't see where you are. People can save the photos you send without you knowing, and if you accidently send a photo you didn’t mean to send, you can't delete it. The discover page sometimes has inappropriate text on videos. 

I would recommend Snapchat, because it's an easy and quick way to connect with friends and talk to them. You can stay on top of the news and what is happening around the world or locally.  I believe that if you have the right settings on, it is a very safe app. I wouldn’t recommend younger ages to use it because some of the content is more mature. Overall, I think Snapchat is quite an entertaining app and I enjoy it.