Sonnets by teens on a variety of topics | Teen Ink

Sonnet

Top voted Sonnets

Poetry
#1741voted by our readers
By elizabethlarsen121 SILVER
Iowa City, Iowa

All hope is gone, the sun is nowhere near The weightless snowflakes, down they go and go When will the death of nature disappear And the slight signs of spring begin to show? A...
elizabethlarsen121 SILVER, Iowa City, Iowa

A couple of hundred years ago, Benjamin Franklin shared with the world the secret of his success. Never leave that till tomorrow, he said, which you can do today. This is the man who discovered electricity. You think more people would listen to what he had to say. I don't know why we put things off, but if I had to guess, I'd have to say it has a lot to do with fear. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, sometimes the fear is just of making a decision, because what if you're wrong? What if you're making a mistake you can't undo? The early bird catches the worm. A stitch in time saves nine. He who hesitates is lost. We can't pretend we hadn't been told. We've all heard the proverbs, heard the philosophers, heard our grandparents warning us about wasted time, heard the damn poets urging us to seize the day. Still sometimes we have to see for ourselves. We have to make our own mistakes. We have to learn our own lessons. We have to sweep today's possibility under tomorrow's rug until we can't anymore. Until we finally understand for ourselves what Benjamin Franklin really meant. That knowing is better than wondering, that waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beat the hell out of never trying.

#1742 Poetry
Cookiequeen BRONZE, Trinity, Florida

"Dreams only matched in fairy tales. Our dreams belong to ourselves alone." - Yuko Oshima the 9th (AKB0048)

#1743 Poetry
By k.rose13 SILVER
Madison, Alabama
k.rose13 SILVER, Madison, Alabama
#1744 Poetry
By kristinxo BRONZE
Nissequogue, New York
kristinxo BRONZE, Nissequogue, New York
#1745 Poetry
#1746 Poetry
RantingRaven BRONZE, San Jose, California

"Mourn the nights passing, beseech the days lasting."

-Anonymous

#1747 Poetry
By KurdiG PLATINUM
Douglasville, Georgia
KurdiG PLATINUM, Douglasville, Georgia
#1748 Poetry
By Malabby19 BRONZE
Oakbrook, Illinois
Malabby19 BRONZE, Oakbrook, Illinois
#1749 Poetry
By kolleenpscx BRONZE
Cainta, Other
kolleenpscx BRONZE, Cainta, Other
#1750 Poetry
By abbyd888 SILVER
Naples, Florida
abbyd888 SILVER, Naples, Florida