Sonnets by teens on a variety of topics | Teen Ink

Sonnet

Most recently submitted Sonnets

Poetry

Are you the gentle breeze? Are you the soft-spoken whisper? The one that rustles through the trees? Which only makes the silence more crisper? Are you resting up above? Are yo...

Poetry
By TroyR. BRONZE
Bakersfield, California
TroyR. BRONZE, Bakersfield, California

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only at night." - Edgar Allan Poe

Poetry
By The_Doctor GOLD
Canon City, Colorado
The_Doctor GOLD, Canon City, Colorado

“Because while the truncheon may be used in lieu of conversation, words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth. And the truth is, there is something terribly wrong with this country, isn't there? Cruelty and injustice, intolerance and oppression. And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission. How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror. I know why you did it. I know you were afraid. Who wouldn't be? War, terror, disease. There were a myriad of problems which conspired to corrupt your reason and rob you of your common sense. ”

Poetry
By Shadowlight PLATINUM
Chatsworth, Georgia
Shadowlight PLATINUM, Chatsworth, Georgia
Poetry
By CrayCrayThePhotographer SILVER
Apple Valley, California
CrayCrayThePhotographer SILVER, Apple Valley, California

We're all Perfectly unPerfect for a Reason

Poetry
By CrayCrayThePhotographer SILVER
Apple Valley, California

Poetry
By The_Doctor GOLD
Canon City, Colorado
The_Doctor GOLD, Canon City, Colorado

Poetry
By The_Doctor GOLD
Canon City, Colorado
The_Doctor GOLD, Canon City, Colorado

Poetry
By kimkay95 BRONZE
Missouri City, Texas
kimkay95 BRONZE, Missouri City, Texas

"if you hold on to your past you will never be able to see your future."

Poetry
By Kris_10 GOLD
North Scituate, Rhode Island
Kris_10 GOLD, North Scituate, Rhode Island

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood..." -Theodore Roosevelt