Gone Away | Teen Ink

Gone Away

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I am gone,
Yet I was here.
You are sitting,
Where I was near.
I slept in this bed,
I sat in that chair.
And though I'm not present,
I breathed this air.
I stayed in this room,
Yet left no trace.
I have now moved on,
To a different place.
No one knows,
Where that may be.
Our paths may cross,
Lets wait and see...

I wrote this poem in a hotel room and left it in the desk. I now keep a copy with me and I leave wherever I stay so next time your at a hotel...maybe this poem will be there too...

futurista12 ELITE, Far Rockaway, New York

"And though she be but little, she is fierce."- Shakespeare

That's really cool how you leave your poem in hotel rooms. I hope I see it one day! When I stay in hotels, I like to leave a note to the people who clean the room just to say thank you.

I love this poem! Well written!

Countrylife4 GOLD, Maine

"Someday soon we're gonna catch that dream we've been chasing"
"Seven days without a horse makes one weak."
"The worst part of riding is when you dismount."

Insult my clothes, I say, “Okay, thanks for the compliment.”
Insult the way I look, I say, “Thanks for notifying me.”
Mock me and say riding isn’t a sport, and I’ll say,”You say that ’cause you can’t ride.” But before you make fun of my horse, make sure you have “911″ on your speed dial.

That's amazing! keep on writing away! :)

Twinny said...
This poem made great rhyming&&amazing imagery.!:)

Inlove4ever BRONZE, Haddenham, Other

I have loved you forever and forever will!

OMG!!!!!

that is amazing!!

you are amazing writing, keep up the writing i'd love to see more!

Thank you so much!

ShenelleCrystal SILVER, M, New York

Laugh your heart out dance in the rain cherish the memories ignore the pain love + learn forget and forgive because remember you only have [one life to live] ♥

awesome job ♥

I'm so glad u think so:)

Thank u;D

Chelz PLATINUM said...
Chelz PLATINUM, Iron Mountain, Michigan

"When life gives you lemons, bite into it and embrace the bitter taste of reality." (My own words)

This poem is awesome!!

Sweet! thanx lol but don't think i copied it from the movie lol i wrote it yrs ago n now it's hidden in MANY hotel rooms lol

booboo360 said...
when i read this poem that is wat i thought of, the lovely bones.. u r so amazing!!!!!! i can just picture susie { the main character} and it makes me sad.

booboo360 said...
omg u should read the lovely bones by alice sebold

Yaaa but creepy is always kinda fun lol =P

on Dec. 11 2009 at 3:20 am
SilverDawn GOLD, Burnaby, Other
I totally love your writing style! You know, if I found this poem somewhere, I'd find it kinda creepy and stalker-ish, haha. But I do like it and it's very well-written. Totally admirable (:

Oh I love the fortune cookie idea so neat! Ya it's exciting to leave something behind cuz it's like a piece of u is always there n always will be! Kinda creepy but totally cool!

lindseymarie SILVER, Richfield, Minnesota
This is really neat :]

I love the idea of leaving mysterious things behind for people to find.

It brings a joy to mind you can't explain.

A friend of mine likes leaving fortune cookie fortunes for her waiters when she eats out.

Thanx:) I'm glad they do that;)

pno4eva said...
thanx...but urs really touch me...

Thanx! lol I love leavin it places n keepin track of where i left it...i once stayed in the same hotel room n my poem was still there...i thought it pretty neat...n thanx for ur comment:)

Lixxy_93 DIAMOND, Westminster, California

"If you have them, flaunt them" -Circle of Friends

"may the saddest day of the future be no worse then the happiest day of your past" -irish blessing

If male homosexuals are called "gay," then female homosexuals should be called "ecstatic."

i love it, and that is an amazing idea to leave this at every hotel you stay at!