Senses of Winter | Teen Ink

Senses of Winter

By bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan
bluemagnet22 PLATINUM, Dearborn Hts, Michigan

You were born an origanal why die a copy?The secret to success is the consistency to pursue.To the world you may be one person,but to one person you may be the world.To receive the right answer,you must ask the right question.Don't worry be happy! :)

I stare out the window,
On a cold winter day.
Watching little specks of snow,
Float on the ground to stay.

The smell of crisp winter air,
Fills the sky around.
The snow's layer doesn't share.
A blade of grass can't be found.

Calming silence fills my ears,
Peace is all around.
The only thing I can hear,
Is snow falling to the ground.

What inspired me? Umm everything this about the winter lol what can I say I'm a snow bunny! =)

on Nov. 9 2016 at 7:46 am
who can tell me what's the meaning of this sentense:"The snow's layer doesn't share."

KMG28 SILVER said...
KMG28 SILVER, Brooklyn, New York

“No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than I

This is a very peaceful poem. Remember these sensations now so when you are an adult, you can look back at it and smile.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

I think we have this in commun, I love winter season ^_^ Your poem is just amazing and marvelous, you described it so well that I could feel the cold and see the snow though it's still sunny now :P you have an incredible talent. Keep it up and let the world be amazed by your writing skill ^_^ Thank you for sharing this.

haha I realized it wasn't a poem lol well I check out ur work lol

Thank you:)

I'll totally check out your poem:)

elfiewrites BRONZE, Hillsdale, New Jersey

"The seat of knowledge is in the head, of wisdom, in the heart."~William Hazlitt
"Be yourself, everyone else is taken."

I am in love with this poem. Your word choice is amazing! Please, if you get the chance, give me feedback on my newest article "Is There Reason?" Much appreciated and keep up the good work!

on Dec. 15 2009 at 8:56 am

Thanx so much:)

Kaylamic SILVER, Glenbeulah, Wisconsin
i love this! great word choice :)

Me too lol I'm counting the days down till Christmas gets here =)

fearlessalways13 SILVER, N/A, New Hampshire
This is nicely written. Good job! :) I'm also a snow bunny..lol! I can't wait for Christmas so this is really a fun piece to read!

on Nov. 7 2009 at 10:03 am

thanx:) i appreciate ur comment

paixaam BRONZE said...
paixaam BRONZE, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I hear and I forget.
I see and I remember.
I do and I understand.
~ Confucius

well written! it create such a wonderful image of serenity and comfort.

jennee21_ann GOLD, Helper, Utah

"Don't gain the world and lose your soul....wisdom is better than silver or gold."

"You can always close a book, but you can never close the mind of a writer."

love it! :) i can picture winter easily when i read this. the rhythm is great! bravo :) check out some of my work if you can, i would love your opinion

Inkspired PLATINUM, Whitby, Other

"If one will scoff at the study of language, how, save in terms of language, will one scoff?" - Mario Pei
"I write for the same reason I breathe - because if I didn't, I would die." Isaac Asimov

That's cute. I really like this one. You wrote this really well, I can almost see it!