Broken with scattered emotions | Teen Ink

Broken with scattered emotions

By CrazybutWicked PLATINUM, Alkol, West Virginia
CrazybutWicked PLATINUM, Alkol, West Virginia

The truth is like the sun, you can shut it out for a while but it will always be there.

The way I feel inside, this pain I try to hide it’s slowly creeping up but I push it back down into the bottom of my heart, cower in the darkest corner I see and I’ll hide myself from everyone around me barely living, trying to see the light, but my feelings can’t go denied when they can be seen in my eyes, oh!
I lay me to rest now, just one final time! I can’t stop myself, I’m too far gone! I’m out of my mind! I’ve fallen apart all over again! My life is fading now so quickly and I just don’t know, if I can survive this time, but I will fight on!
I’m falling in the dark! Over and over again I feel like screaming! I’m giving up on life! But just one final fight shall tell! Just one last fight to survive! I don’t know how long I can hold on though I won’t give up yet!
Just one more drink! Just one more scar can say a lot, but all in all everything shows right through my weakened skin from the bottom of my broken heart! My reality is fake, as is this mask I wear every day! You see me smiling but I see me crying my eyes out every second that I am alone! Every day of my life I want to die but my heart tells me “Fight for your life and don’t give up because every day is a gift so don’t give up on me yet!”
I fight and fight, every day! I somehow make the most of my life as it is! Inside I’m caged in and I can’t get out but I stay strong and fight on! Ah!