Fades Away | Teen Ink

Fades Away

By Mollybug16 BRONZE, Cleveland, Tennessee
Mollybug16 BRONZE, Cleveland, Tennessee

Impossible is not a word, it's just a reason for someone not to try.

Look around you, it's all turning to grey. Keep your eyes open no matter how much it a-a-aches. They haunt you the scars of yesterday. Keep your eyes open no matter how much it ta-a-akes.

It's all falling down dreaming can't save you now. You hit the ground but there's only one way to go now.
Chorus: You spent too much time in your dreams, now your life is ripping at the seams. You can't hide, you can't run, whats done is done. Face the facts, feel the pain as it all fades away.

Verse 2:

You used to dream big. You wanted to be everything they told you, you couldn't do. But you got too comfortable in your dreams. That was your first mistake and now it's all starting to break. (Chorus) Verse 3:
And now every tear falls like raindrops hitting the ground. Every dream breaks like lightning crashing down. (Chorus x2) It's all falling down. Only one way to go now.

Please tell me anything I could do to make this better. And, don't forget to rate. Thanks :)

Elizabeth2001 BRONZE, Durand, Michigan

“Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.”

This is an amazing song in the making. I think you should make a video of you singing it and post it.

HudaZav SILVER said...
HudaZav SILVER, Toronto, Other

"Nothing is impossible; the word itself says 'I'm possible'!" -Audrey Hepburn

Good rhythm and rhyme! I really like this =)

Mollybug16 BRONZE, Cleveland, Tennessee

I really wasn't sure about that part,thank you for pointing it out. Do you have any suggestions, 'cause I have been having a really hard time trying to figure out what to change it to. 

WinterRose76 SILVER, Ok., Florida

Arise and be all that you dream - Flyleaf

These are fantastic song lyrics! I was singing along in my head while I was reading them. The only critique I have is the last line in the second verse. The words "mistake" and "break" almost sound harsh compared to the softer words like "big" and "do". I think if you reworded the last line and maybe shortened it alittle, it would flow better. Other than that, great job!!

NOIZTHIMS GOLD said...
NOIZTHIMS GOLD, South Jordan, Utah

"If your eyes could speak, what... what would they say?" -Max (from "The Book Thief")

i have about the same thing to say about the song as the first comment does. it is really bittersweet, and hard to tell without music, but there is a good amount of emotion behind it with lots of cool figuritism and sadness, almost depressing but still happy. 

Mollybug16 BRONZE, Cleveland, Tennessee

If it helps, the melody for this is mostly piano :)  

Mollybug16 BRONZE, Cleveland, Tennessee

Thank you :)

Love2Read72 PLATINUM, Kentfield, California

"Life isn’t about how to survive the storm, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” — Taylor Swift

I can't really tell if this would be a good song without music, but I absolutely love the lyrics. Bittersweet.