The Hurt That Remains 2012 | Teen Ink

The Hurt That Remains 2012

By freakycatlover DIAMOND, Antrim, New Hampshire
freakycatlover DIAMOND, Antrim, New Hampshire

"You know?"

I put on the mask/ To shield the pAin/ Just another face/ And no one knows/ What I hold back/ Not in the mood today/ To talk. / Can’t take the pain/ Of another loss/ Cause in my heart/ I know the cause of the pain Is yOu. I haven’t forgot the pain/, but I know you have forgotten me/ like it was that easy/ No one cares what I lost/ Cause I already lost yOu, Without a cause Without a wrong Without a name/ For the pain/I feel in my heart/ All the same.. The hurt that remAins/ I sit here and watch the rain/ Wonder when will I see the sun?/ Waiting for something to happen, the silence to end/ But what do I gotta do/ To take my miNd off you?/ What do I gotta do to ease the pain of missing you?/ What do I gotta do when there’s nothin’ left to do?/ What do I wanna do when I’ve already lost you?/ I just want you to know my name,/ feel my pain/say my name, remember me/ when I didn’t hide my face,/ from the Hurt that remains/ are we still friends/ I wanna scream you’re name/ but then you say, I’ll never change/ I wanna remove the mask/ so I don’t feel the pain/ the way I did that day/ but couldn’t find the words/ to make you stay/ you said that’s okay/ everybody has those days/ when they lose their faith/ but it’ll be okay, just try again another day/I’m sure he’ll understand/ But I know he’s not the kind to understand/ everybody has those days/ when ThE hurt remAaains/ I put on the mask to shield the pain/ make up on my face to cover the pain when hurt remains.

"I want people to know what it's like to love something, but mainly I want them to know what the right thing is to do, and whatever that is in your heart. Just do it, don't think about it especially when you know you love it."