Slow French Songs | Teen Ink

Slow French Songs

By joeyarc PLATINUM, Denver, Colorado
joeyarc PLATINUM, Denver, Colorado

"Thoughtcrime does not entail death: thoughtcrime is death."
- George Orwell, 1984

Slow French Songs

Da-da/ Da-da-da-da-da/ Da-da// x2

What will it take to get it through your head/ That all I want to do is lie in bed/ My heart is broken/ The record’s playing/ My tears are rolling onto to my old sheets/ I heard you saying/ You have a girlfriend/ It hasn’t even been a week/ Since you left/ Me for dead//

I’m done/ Sitting out on my own/ Listening to slow love songs/ It hurts/ But you need to know/ That I won’t/ Listen to slow French songs//

Da-da/ Da-da-da-da-da/ Da-da// x4

I got out of bed and left the house today/ My hair’s a wreck and I haven’t shaved/ I’m still crying/ The only difference/ My tears are falling onto cold concrete/ I heard you saying/ You left your girlfriend/ And you want to come back to me/ Oh too bad/ You lost what you had//

Da-da/ Da-da-da-da-da/ Da-da// x4

Maybe you were scared of commitment/ Maybe you were scared of losing me/ Well I don’t give a damn if you found someone else/ Sooner or later/ You’ll come/ Running back to me/ You’ll come running back/ To me//

Da-da/ Da-da-da-da-da/ Da-da// x4

The melody is catchy and kind of cookie cutter-ish.